I do NOT support H.R. 5 as it is currently written.
I believe we are all created in God’s image and we are called to love our “neighbors” – which means treating EVERYONE with dignity and respect, ESPECIALLY those people who have been traditionally marginalized in society.
- However, I do NOT support HR 5 (Equality Act) as it is currently written.
- I DO support the anti-discrimination clause of this bill, which would ensure that the protections contained in the Civil Rights Act of 1964 extend to members of the LGBTQ community (including access to employment, healthcare, housing, education, credit, and jury service).
- I do NOT support the public accommodations clause of this bill because I believe it can be used as a tool to penalize churches or faith-based organizations who have a more traditional view of sex and marriage.
- I also believe that allowing biological males to compete against females in sporting competitions violates Title IX, which, among other things, was intended to provide women with greater opportunities to participate in organized athletics.
- I DO support the Fairness for All Act
- Introduced in 2019.
- I believe the Fairness for All Act strikes an appropriate balance between prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity, while protecting the free exercise of religion of those who have a more traditional view of sex and marriage.
Please continue through the signing process until you receive a CONFIRMATION prior to closing the browser window.